For those of you who have signed up to be a coach, you need to do the following to be ready: (flash required!)
1 Register as an AYSO volunteer (an annual requirement) at www.eAYSO.org.
2 Take AYSO Safe Haven and concussion awareness training for Coaches (a one-time requirement).
3 Attend the Coaches Meeting in early June.
4 Division Specific Coach Training and Certification is a two part program: coaches need to attend an in-class and an on-fieldsession for the level they are coaching in order to be certified.
5 If you are volunteering to be a Head Coach and you want someone special to be your assistant, please see the FAQ question on how to do this.
Coach Training Resources
Coach Training Assistance
1. Visit www.uksoccer.com and select Online curriculum button at the bottom of the Home page
2. Log in with Username: Hillsborough and Password: uksoccer
3. Search For What You Want at "Find a Practice":
• Search by age specific activities.
• Search by topic e.g. passing, control, goalkeeping, etc.
• Search by activity type e.g. warm-up with ball, technique under passive pressure, etc.
• Build your own session plan by selecting your warm-up, and progressive activities.
The league requires coaches to fill out line up cards prior to the start of the game. The line-up cards are provided to the referees of the match so they can record player participation, goals scored and general conduct of the players and coaches. Each coach will be provided a batch of blank line-up cards when uniforms are passed out. However, for your convenience, you can download an Excel version of the line up card by clicking this link. Please try to print the cards on thick card stock as it helps the referees manage the paperwork during the game.